The Topič Salon opened in 1894 as an exhibition hall and shop for the Topič publishing house. Architect Jan Zeyer's designs, inspired by the then-popular industrial esthetic, were later remodeled by the designer of the Secession-style Municipal House, Osvald Polívka. In the 1930s the Salon housed, inter alia, the publishing house of Lidové noviny – one of the main Czech newspaper. From the beginning, the Topič Salon has focused on exhibitions by progressive artists – be they Alfons Mucha at the turn of the twentieth century, then later representatives of Czech Modernism (Mánes Union of Fine Arts, Osma group), major Surrealists (Jindřich Štyrský, Toyen) and authors from the Skupina 42 group. The Salon's activities were interrupted following the rise of the Communist regime at the end of the 1940s and not fully renewed until 2008. The Topič Salon is now an exhibition and auction hall.
Exhibitions: 18. – 28. 6., 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
19. 6., 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
There is an elevator in the building
Tram nos. 6, 9, 18 and 22 - Národní divadlo
Metro B – Národní třída
Národní 1010/9, Prague 1